When is enough? A Greek philosopher once said 'Everything you do in life is correct, unless it is done in excess' and I believe that this holds true in most cases, like gaming. Back in the day I was addicted to video games, and when I say addicted I mean addicted, this meant skipping dinner, staying home instead of going out, basically my social life consisted of sitting down in front of the computer and/or T.V.
Gaming is something that has been around for decades now, and it will probably continue to evolve. One game you might be shooting an alien in the head, and the next you might be tossing a car several yards away, it's these types of possibilites that appeal to most young people today, the ability to do something that you may not be able to do in real life.
Video games are like drugs; addictive and dangerous. Once you buy a game and get bored of it, you'll want more. The more time you spend, the more hazardous it is for your health. Your eyes will get damaged, you'll become overweight due to the lack of execise, and not to mention the pshycological effects it may have on your brain.
When is enough? Enough is when you realize that you need help, playing these video games are not self satisfying entities and that you are doing more damage to yourself than you've ever thought.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Gaming Gone Wild
Posted by TEEVEE at 12:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment