At first, when I saw the Colossal ad I thought it was ridiculous. What are they doing there? Making clones? But what their ad stands for is blown out of proportion. Their ads are basically saying that God made everyone the same. If that was the case, what's the point in living? In my personal opinion every school's philosophy should be that instructors should try to ge to know who their students are as individuals, and to nuture the minds and talents of each individual. Schools should be a place where students have oppurtunities to succeed and grow, both spritually and academically. A place wheren students can step into leadership roles. Students are meant to strive to find their individual strenghts, if not, this could lead to complications later in life. Students should be encouraged to do what they want.
When I went to their site; http://www.colossalu.com/ I finally realized that these ads were indeed a joke, go figure. These ads were meant to encourage student enrollment to Algoma University. I finally understood what they were trying to say. In the midst of the women in the video started to blab away at all these facts about Algoma University, I thought to myself 'Algoma doesn't seem that bad of a choice for my post-highschool years.' These ads were really effective in drawing in the audience's attention. To this day I still can't believe that I was all riled up about the ads' supposed philosiphies. I really would consider going to Algoma, solely on the fact that their ads were that effective. If they were this effective with their enrollment ads that really make syou think how clever they are with their teaching.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Colossal U Ad Campaign
Posted by TEEVEE at 1:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment