Honestly, without technology I wouldn't be able to live, properly. It is true how technology these days was much better than what they had in the past. A few days ago we were sitting, having dinner, as usual, and my parents started talking about 'party lines'. I was like what in the world was that? My parents had gone on to say that it was an old technology where neighbours would use the same phone line to save money. Meaning each neighbour can hear the other by simply picking up the phone. This would be considered a 'stone-age' technology for some people. Today, telecommunications is so advance that we don't need that anymore.
I remember a few summers ago that we had a huge blackout thorughout the city of Toronto for two full days. It was hard for me. No electricity means that most of my technological neccesities would not work, I was upset. Parents lectured me how in the 'good ol' days' we didn't need technology and electricity to survive. I thought to myself, 'it's a miracle you two are alive'. Nonetheless the 48 hour blackout taught me that we often take technology for granted. With the fossil fuels running out and all the social issues related to technoogy taking place in recents times, it is no wonder that we must not take these things for granted.
If technology would disappear today, I would probably disappear with it also. My computer, mycellphone, my entertainment are such a big part of my life that when you take these things away it is like losing a child, I think, I don't know. One thing is for sure though, technology is a big part of our society and we should embrace it, for we don't know when it will be taken away. Hopefully it won't be in my lifetime.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy
Posted by TEEVEE at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment